Prepares and circulates all meeting papers including agendas and minutes.
Advises the GB on procedural matters.
Advises on changes in Governance.
What Do Governors Do
1. Ensure clarity of vision, ethos & strategic direction.
2. Hold the Headmaster and Senior Management Team to account for the educational performance of the school and its students.
3. Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Within QEGS we achieve this through half termly meetings of Full Governors and its two sub-committees which deal in detail with the two main aspects of the governing body’s work. Each governor also acts a link between a specific department and the governing body.
Education and Standards
1. To monitor and review achievment, progress and attainment of students and groups of students at all levels.
2. To keep under review the school’s cuuriculum and ensure it complies with statutory obligations and is consistent with the aims and ethos of the school.
3. To ensure the highest possible standards of safety and well-being for all students and staff.
4. Ensure Special Educational Needs of pupils are identified and adequately resourced by reviewing and monitoring.
5. To consider and keep under review the school’s pastoral care and Behaviour Policy.
6. To monitor and review the quality of the learning and the quality of the teaching of the curriculum.
7. Enusre all Pupils’ Records are being correctly maintained and secured and ensure pupils’ welfare, discipline and attendance are adequately managed by reviewing and monitoring.
8. To comment on, help prepare and monitor the relevant sections of the Quality Improvement Plan and ensure that requirements for capital expenditure, staffing and other resources, necessary to deliver the above, are referred to the Finance and Pay Subcommittee or the Full Governing Body for consideration.
9. Ensure the effective Human Resource management of the teaching staff by reviewing and monitoring and report on this to the Governing Body at least once a year.
10. Ensure that pupil related Appeals and Complaints are adequately dealt with by the school monitoring and reviewing.
11. To review and monitor the impact of those policies as indicated on the Governors’ Annual Plan.
12. Receive Link Governor reports and review quality of learning.
Finance & Pay (inclusive of buildings and maintenance)
Subject to applicable statutory requirements, the committee is authorised:
1. To carry out duties as set out in the Academy’s Financial Handbook.
2. To ensure prudent management of all aspects of academy finances.
3. To produce & manage a three year rolling finance plan & budget in association with the Head of Finance & Head Teacher.
4. To maintain the pay policy and review this on an annual basis.
5. To approve any salary increase for the Head following recommendations from the Headteachers Performance Review Group .
6. To receive an annual report from the Headteacher regarding the pay implications of the annual staff review process.
7 To ensure that the School Improvement Plan includes all aspects of capital expenditure, staffing and other resources, in association with the Education & Standards Committee or the full Governing Body for consideration.
8. To ensure that the academy estate provides an environment consistent with the educational aims of the establishment.
9. To ensure effective management of Human Resources associated with the above.
10. To carry out the role of the Audit Committee.
11. To ensure effective management of Health and Safety throughout the school.
You can contact any of our Governors via the Clerk to the Governors at: