From 1st September 2012 schools are legally required to provide certain resources and information on their websites. Much of this information is available within the website but it has also been compiled here for ease of access.
1) School name, Postal address and Telephone number:
Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith
Mr Paul Buckland – Headteacher
Mr Colin Munro – SENCO
2) The school’s admission policy in full (including arrangements for selection, over subscription criteria and the application process) or information on where and how this information can be accessed on the local authority website.
3) Information on where to access the school’s most recent Ofsted report: The school’s most recent ofsted can be found here: Ofsted Report
4) The school’s most recent KS4 results: Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith’s most recent Key Stage 4 specified exam results (2017-19) are as follows:
Progress 8 Score +0.25 (Above Average)
Attainment 8 Score 64
87% Grade 5 or above in English and maths
97% Grade 4 or above in English and maths
83% of students entered for the English Baccalaureate
6.0 Ebacc Average points score
100% of pupils in education or employment after completing KS4
5) Information on how to access the School Performance Tables on the DfE website: The School Performance Tables on the DfE website can be found here: DfE Performance Tables
6) The following information about the school curriculum:
a) For each academic year, the content of the curriculum followed for each subject and guidance on how to find additional information about the curriculum: Curriculum Information
b) For Key Stage 4, a list of the courses provided which lead to a GCSE qualification; and a list of other KS4 courses, and the qualifications they lead to.
Please refer to the curriculum section of the website: Curriculum Information
7) The measures determined by the head teacher under section 89 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 See here for the behaviour policy, anti-bullying policy: Policy Documents
8) The amount of the school’s allocation from the Pupil Premium (and Year 7 catch-up funding).
Please click here for full details of the Pupils Premium
9) Governors’ information and duties
The section on Governors gives information regarding roles, business and financial interests of our governors, as well as the structure and responsibilities of the governing body and committees.
10) The report prepared by the school under section 317(5) (a) of EA 1996 (duties of governing bodies in relation to special educational needs). These are included in the Policy Documents
11) Annual report and financial statements are available here: Audited Accounts
13) A statement of the school’s ethos and values:
Preparing Our Students to Succeed in Tomorrow’s World
At Queen Elizabeth Grammar School we aim to:
• ensure that every student enjoys their learning, realises their full potential and develops as a fully rounded individual
• provide an environment which values achievement in all activities
• support fully the development of each student to achieve, gain self-confidence and to be prepared for the future as an independent learner
• develop a happy, safe community where students, parents/carers and staff work together towards shared goals
• encourage participation and enjoyment within and beyond the curriculum
• ensure that students are presented with many opportunities and encouraged to be aspirational in everything they do.
Queen Elizabeth Grammar School is a thriving community where every student is valued and every student succeeds.
Mr Paul Buckland – Headteacher